Anas tagged me for the Save Yvonne's Sight’ Meme. I have met Yvonne 2 weeks ago at the Live and Inspire weekly help at Starbucks Bangsar where Mike Reyes spoke. Mike spoke on HOPE and ended with the hope of bringing hope to Yvonne. Let's all bring HOPE to Yvonne, too.
I'd love to see Yvonne regain her sight. I'd love to have her regain total hearing because I was born with only one functional ear so I know how it feels like without 'perfect' hearing. I'd love to see Yvonne play and enjoy the fun in life instead of having to work hard just to raise money for her plight most of the time.
Since last April Yvonne has been raising funds for the operations she needs to treat her neurofibromatosis which causes tumors to grow inside her body.
About six months ago, Yvonne lost her hearing. Now she's losing her eyesight and needs another operation. The operation is due in December and cost of the surgery is RM154,770 plus hospital stay for two weeks is RM3219.
She has already raised RM10, 000 and need more. She's hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book I'm Not Sick, Just A Little Bit Unwell in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her website store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store.
You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund here.
You can also help by sending on this meme. If you do, please follow these meme rules:
- Create a blog entry titled "Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight"
- List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne's book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
- End with the line, "Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com
- Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!I'm tagging the following blogger friends to ask them to help out:
1. Ongki (Elaine Ong) http://www.ongkichilam.com/blog/
2. Shiao Chin http://understanding-axiao.blogspot.com/
3. Chiew Lian Keng http://chiewliankeng.blogspot.com/
4. William http://so-nua.blogspot.com/
5. Yulduz http://yulduz.blogspot.com/
6. James Oh http://liftyouup.blogspot.com/
Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com